Whether you are in a couple or happily single, there are plenty of options for a Valentine’s Day party. You can have a silly party, a sexy party, a matchmaking party or a dinner party. It can be a party to bring your Valentine… or meet a Valentine!
Or if you don’t like Valentine’s – have an anti-Valentine’s party. Just turn things up a notch or two, send up the romantic ideals, overdress and ham it up acting out romantic scenes and scripts.
Have a look at the costume and decorating ideas below. For Valentine’s gifts, including romantic gifts and gifts for men, see BCL Valentine’s Day Gift ideas.
Valentine’s Party Decorations & Catering
Valentine’s day is all about red, pink, purple and white – and hearts!
- Pink Frosting – Canberra-based premium party shop specialising in special occasions, weddings, birthdays for adults and children. See their Valentine’s day ideas.
- Party Products Australia – Over 6000 Party Supplies Online – Fast Australia Wide Delivery. Party Accessories, Banners, Ribbons, Confetti / Scatters, Balloons, Foils, Latex and Misc Balloons as well as themed tableware and craft products for making your own decorations. See their Valentine’s Party Supplies
- Party Supplies Online – Sydney-based party products store in operation since 1991. They specialise in themed and coloured tableware, balloons, costumes and more. See their Valentine’s party decorations.
Valentine’s Party Activites
- Hold a trivia with questions about those famous romantic movies – Gone with the Wind, Casablanca and so on. Act them out. Or “who said…” Or “what’s the next line…”
- Use one of these movies as your theme and have everyone dress up and act as one of the characters. You might find some of the non-romantic supporting characters the favourite characters.
Valentine’s Party Costumes
Valentine’s Party Costumes can be sexy or funny. Dress for the occasion in red or pink, or coordinate with your date as a famous couple (see our suggestions below).
- Costume Box (Australian store) – Thousands of fancy dress costumes, wigs, hats, accessories and masks. All costumes displayed are in stock and most are dispatched within 24 hours. Based in Sydney with flat rate delivery Australia wide. Their adults’ costumes include sexy costumes, movie and TV characters and funny costumes. Try a his and hers set for some extra fun.
- Party Supplies Online – Australian shop with Dress ups and Fancy Costumes. They sell Hats, Gloves, Glasses, Noses, Beards & Moustaches, plus a whole heap of complete Ladies’ and Men’s costumes. Based in Sydney, Parties Online have been selling party products since 1991. You’ll find lots of costumes, wigs and accessories
- Matching costumes and dress ups for couples for some couple’s costume ideas, from sexy to silly.
- Famous couples:
- Adam and Eve
- Antony and Cleopatra
- Barbie and Ken
- Beauty and the Beast
- Bonnie and Clyde
- Brad and Angelina (or Jen!)
- Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
- John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- Marie and Pierre Curie
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse
- Romeo and Juliet
- Sandy and Danny – see our Grease party theme for costumes
- Scarlett O’Hara and Rhett Butler (Gone With the Wind)
- Sonny and Cher
- Tarzan and Jane
- Victoria (Posh Spice) and David Beckham
- Or dress as each other!