Hawaiian parties provide a relaxed and festive atmosphere. Grass skirts, leis, drinking out of coconuts – great for poolside of garden parties, on the beach or in a park.
Hawaiian &Tropical Decorations & Catering
Colours go a long way to creating a certain atmosphere. As well as Hawaiian or tropical themed decorations, you could get some plain balloons or streamers to compliment the colours.
- Party Products Australia – For leis, ceiling decorations, balloons, table centrepieces, cocktail umbrellas, pinatas, scene setters and much more see their Hawaiian theme.
Hawaiian & Tropical Party Costumes
- Party Supplies Online – Sydney based party store specialising in tableware, balloons, costumes and decorations for birthdays and kids parties. Their Hawaiian Costumes including jula and grass skirts, scene setters, decorations, scene setters, pinatas and much more
- Costumes.com.au is based in Melbourne and delivers costumes and accessories (including shoes, hats, wigs, party supplies and more) with flat rate delivery Australia-wide. Options for same day to Melbourne metro, order online and pick up from their warehouse in Kilsyth, Victoria. See their Hawaiian costumes and accessories.
- Costume Box – Thousands of fancy dress costumes, wigs, hats, accessories and masks. Most costumes dispatched within 24 hours. Based in Sydney, they ship at a flat rate across Australia. See their Hawaiian costumes.
Hawaiian & Tropical Party Food Ideas
- Tropical fruits are a must. Slice the fruits and arrange them on large platters, or make fruit kebabs.
- Some fruit suggestions: bananas, mangos, pineapple, strawberries, lychees, oranges, rock melon (cantaloupe), berries.
- Cover plates and platters with large banana leaves.
- Make a big bowl of fruit punch (or two: one alcoholic, one not). Some nice juices to mix together are pineapple, orange, apple and cranberry. Add lemonade, fruit pieces and alcohol to taste.
- Hire a charcoal spit and have a real spit roast. Ask your local butcher if they can get, or know where to get, the pig.