Toga parties are a popular ritual among uni students, usually during Orientation “O” Week celebrations. Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans wore togas during ancient times, so for more party and costume ideas visit our Egyptian and Roman Empire party pages.
Toga Party Costumes
You can make your own toga costume with a bedsheet and a pair of sandals or glam it up with some of these more exotic toga costumes.
Complete your toga with accessories such as sandals, leaves in your hair, gold bangles, dark eye makeup, a sword, and gold body paint. Remember to wear something under your toga!
- Party Supplies Online – Sydney-based party products store has some togas for men and women here
- Costume Box are a Sydney-based online store with delivery to Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Flat fee delivery within Australia. See their range of Togas and Roman costumes.
- Buy Costumes (US store) are one of the world’s largest costume and party shops. They are based in the US and deliver to Australia. Check out their Togas and Julius Caesar costumes.
Toga Party Decorations
Use a colour theme of red, white, and gold. Decorate with vine leaves and candles to complete the ancient look.
- Party Products Australia stock over 6000 items. They are based in Brisbane, Queensland.
- See their party products in gold, white and red
- Party Supplies Online – Sydney-based party products store in operation since 1991, they specialise in tableware, balloons, costumes and more. See their party products in gold and red.
Toga Party Ideas
Toga parties are known for their wild games. Award prizes to the winners.
- Bob for apples or grapes. Fill a large bowl with water or punch and have guests bob for fruit. Whoever gets the most fruit in a specific time wins!
- How low can you go? Play a game of limbo, all you need is a stick and someone to hold it.
- Have a competition for the best male and female togas.