Red is a colour of speed, danger and excitement.
Red Party Supplies
- Party Products Australia – Brisbane-based Online Party Products Superstore. Any size order delivered Australia-wide for only $9.95
- Parties Online – Sydney-based party products store in operation since 1991. They specialise in themed and coloured tableware, balloons, and costumes for birthdays, kids parties, and theme parties. See their RED Party Supplies
Red costumes include devils, Little Red Riding Hood, Santa, femme fatales, flamenco dancers, racing drivers, and royalty. It is also associated with love and passion. Browse these online shops for red costumes:
- Costumes.com.au is based in Melbourne and delivers costumes and accessories (including shoes, hats, wigs, party supplies and more) with flat rate delivery Australia-wide. Options for same day to Melbourne metro, order online and pick up from their warehouse in Kilsyth, Victoria. They have hundreds of Red costumes.
- Costume Box – Thousands of Fancy Dress costumes for adults and kids for all occasions.Sydney-based online store with delivery to Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Flat fee delivery within Australia. Most costumes dispatched within 24 hours. See their Red costumes.
Red food ideas
- For red fruit salad, chop up a selection of red fruit and mix in a bowl with a bit of fruit juice to prevent browning. Red fruits include strawberries, watermelon, red apples, cherries, plums, raspberries, blood oranges, pomegranate seeds, and red grapes.
- Red jelly: buy a packet of jelly crystals, or for a fruitier version use red fruit juice (try blood orange juice) and unflavoured gelatin — the packet usually has instructions.
- Red pasta: some supermarkets sell red coloured pasta containing tomato or carrot. Serve with a tomato-based pasta sauce.
- Rhubarb is a versatile red vegetable that makes nice desserts like rhubarb pie or rhubarb crumble.
- Tomato soup and tomato ketchup are red.
- Red drinks include blood orange juice, tomato juice, grape juice, and red tea (rooibos). Red alcoholic drinks include red wine, rosé wines, sangria, crème de cassis (mixed with white wine to make an aperitif called kir).