The spooky theme is great fun for adults as well as children. This theme is not just for Halloween, it can be used for Friday 13th parties or any time you feel like being spooky. Browse down the page for food and party game ideas.
Halloween Clothing and Costumes
Some costume ideas include vampires, witches, evil bride & groom, zombies, ghosts and characters from movies (Scream, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre).
The zombie idea is very flexible, you could be a zombie doctor, zombie bride, zombie business man or zombie pop star.
- Costume Box – Thousands of fancy dress costumes for adults and kids including babies. All costumes displayed are in stock and most are dispatched within 24 hours. Based in Sydney with flat rate delivery Australia wide. See adult's Halloween costumes for vampires, zombie surgeons, horror film characters and accessories like masks, fake blood, capes, bloody windows and shower curtains, fake knives, giant spiders, skeletons and more.
Spooky Decorations and Catering Supplies
- Costume Box – Halloween party supplies include bloody shower curtains, warning and danger signs, bloody handprint window transfers, glow in the dark skeletons, light up ground breakers, scene setters, skulls and more. Search for ‘Halloween CD' to find some creepy soundtracks to set the mood. Based in Sydney with flat rate delivery Australia wide.
Spooky Party Food
Spooky parties are a great opportunity to eat strange, gruesome and disgusting foods you can't serve any other time.
- Tomato soup makes great ‘blood'
- Stuff lychees with red grapes to make creepy eyeballs
- Freeze jelly or soft drink in a thoroughly cleaned rubber glove and float in punch.
- Dismembered fingers: Make short-bread dough into finger-shaped cylinders. Pinch dough slightly to form knuckles and draw in lines (to make curling fingers, drape over rolled-up aluminium foil). Bake and cool. Use icing to paste on almond halves for fingernails. Blood red icing for the ends of fingers is optional
- Worms in dirt: put some worm lollies in Milo.
- Put sultanas into drinks to make bugs
For some more spooky party ideas see our vampire party page.