Although St Patrick’s day was originally to commemorate Saint Patrick and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland, it has become a secular celebration of Irish culture.
Everyone must wear something green on St Patty’s Day! You can either keep it simple with green ribbon, a hat or badges or check out the costume shops below to go all out as a cheeky leprechaun or lucky Irishman.
- Costumes.com.au is based in Melbourne and delivers costumes and accessories (including shoes, hats, wigs, party supplies and more) with flat rate delivery Australia-wide. Options for same day to Melbourne metro, order online and pick up from their warehouse in Kilsyth, Victoria. See their St Patrick’s Day costumes.
- Costume Box – Thousands of fancy dress costumes for adults and children for all occasions. All costumes displayed are in stock and most are dispatched within 24 hours. Based in Sydney with flat rate delivery Australia wide. See their St Patrick’s Day costumes for wigs, shoes, hats and full costumes.
St. Patrick’s Party Decorations
- Party Products Australia – Over 6000 party supplies available online, including balloons, catering supplies, scene setters, themed decorations and more. Based in Brisbane with flat rate delivery Australia wide. See their St Patrick’s Day party supplies including latex balloons, foil balloons, accessories and scene setters. For general green supplies for colours like: Green, includes Emerald Green, Forest Green, Lime Green, Mint Green, Teal and Wintergreen
- Party Supplies Online is a Sydney-based party products store in operation since 1991. They specialise in themed and coloured tableware, balloons, and costumes for birthdays, kids parties, hen’s parties, weddings, christenings, Christmas, and Halloween. Check out their Ireland and St Patrick’s Day balloons, tableware, wigs, and badges.
Green food ideas
- Green fruit salad – cut up some green fruit and mix with a dash of fruit juice to prevent browning. Green fruit includes kiwi fruit, green apples, green grapes, honeydew melons, and starfruit.
- Make green jelly.
- Serve desserts with green custard, cream, or yoghurt dyed with green food colouring.
- Choc chip mint icecream and pistachio icecream are already green.
- Biscuits, cakes, and muffins with pistachio nuts have a green tinge.
- Green eggs and ham – add a few drops of green food colouring to scrambled eggs and mix in some diced ham.
- Snack on celery and cucumber sticks dipped in guacamole or other green dip.
- Spinach and cheese pie – if you make your own pastry you could dye that green too.
- For a side dish serve green vegetables – zucchini, asparagus, peas, green beans, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts.
- Eat green pasta – it contains spinach which adds more colour than flavour. You could serve it with some green vegetables and basil pesto.
- Drink green tea or green cordial. Put a couple of drops of green food colouring in a glass before pouring in milk and watch it magically turn from white to green. Cocktails including Creme de Menthe or Midori will be green. Browse Dan Murphys for spirits and liqueurs delivered around Australia.