Ghost parties can include humourous ghosts, schlocky ghosts (think b-films of yesteryear), friendly or not-so-friendly ghosts from childhood stories, stylish and sophisticated dinner party ghosts, or full-on horror ghosts.
An alternative to throwing your own ghost party is to go on a ghost tour – we've compiled a list of these at the bottom of the page.
The most iconic ghost image and the simplest to achieve is the white sheet ghost – simply raid your old linen and cut out eyes in the appropriate places.
But ghosts come in many other forms:
- The bio-exorcist ghost, Beetlejuice
- Casper the Friendly Ghost
- Slimer, the green ghost from Ghostbusters
- The crew of the Flying Dutchman (Pirates of the Caribbean)
- Bloody Mary
- The Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future
- Ghostface from Scream
If you're not interested in being a ghost yourself, you could always do some ghostbusting.
- Costume Box – Thousands of fancy dress costumes for adults and kids for all occasions including ghost costumes. Most costumes are dispatched within 24 hours. Based in Sydney, they offer flat-rate delivery Australia-wide.
Ghost Decorations and Party Supplies
- Decorate your haunted house with white, grey, and black decorations including spider webs, spiders, and hanging streamers.
- To create the right ambiance, use fairy lights or LED candles.
- If you are interested in particularly grotesque decorations, there are some great fake blood products on our zombies theme page
- Party Products Australia – Your one-stop shop for party supplies, Party Products Australia stock a comprehensive range of ghost-themed products in their Halloween section. Based in Brisbane, Queensland, they offer flat-rate shipping Australia-wide.
Ghost Party Food
As with most parties, your ghost party can be as simple or as elaborate as you wish. At the more sophisticated end of the spectrum is the ghost dinner party. You can get particularly creative with this and have everyone come as a dead famous person of their choice.
Here are a few ghost party food ideas that you could incorporate:
- Marshmallow Man – create mini versions of this iconic character from Ghostbusters by using toothpicks to connect the marshmallows.
- Vanilla cupcakes with white icing – the easiest way to get that bright white icing is to use specially-made cake icing
- Bloody Mary – Vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce with your choice of garnish.
- Green jelly – serve in a large bowl as edible slime. Mix with vodka if you wish.