You’ve got a lot of scope with a Hollywood party. You could ask people to come as their favourite movie character or actor, or you could specify a movie genre (action, musical, western, chick flick) or era (silent movies, black & white, talkies, colour, etc).
Hollywood Party Costumes
- Costume Box – Thousands of Fancy Dress costumes for adults and kids for all occasions. Most costumes dispatched within 24 hours. All costumes displayed are in stock. See their Hollywood costumes and accessories.
- Costumes.com.au is based in Melbourne and delivers costumes and accessories (including shoes, hats, wigs, party supplies and more) with flat rate delivery Australia-wide. Options for same day to Melbourne metro, order online and pick up from their warehouse in Kilsyth, Victoria.
Hollywood Party Products & Decorations
Entrance is everything, be sure to have a red carpet and ask your guests to strike a pose for the camera as they arrive. Hire or make your own arch for guests to pose under. Wind fairy lights around it for a sparkle effect. For elegance, stick to red, gold, black and silver and light some candles. For a cheesy Hollywood party, decorate with real or fake palm trees.
- Party Products Australia – Try their Hollywood theme or choose party products by colour to create a coordinated colour scheme. Brisbane based, with Australia-wide delivery.
- Party Supplies Online – Sydney-based party store, delivers Australia-wide. See their Hollywood, Film and Awards night decorations and accessories.
Hollywood Food Ideas
- Your food should be as glamorous as your theme. For toasts, martinis, sparkling juice or champagne is a Hollywood must.
- Finger food works best with this theme, such as cheese platters, olives, dips, fruit kebabs and mini sandwiches.
- Bite size desserts include chocolate-dipped strawberries, profiteroles and mini-tarts.
- If you’re having a cake, make it dark chocolate with real or edible red roses to decorate.
Hollywood Party Ideas
- For wilder parties, young Hollywood is the most obvious choice. Think Paris Hilton, diva-antics and a fluffy white dog for your handbag.
- Another option is famous Hollywood break-ups. Ask guests to dress as their favourite couples from the past. These can be as zany as Michael Jackson and Elizabeth Taylor or as A-list as Brad and Jen.
- Pick a blockbuster and have everyone dress as their favourite character. Choose one with an interesting wardrobe such as Moulin Rouge or Indiana Jones.
- Having a prize for the best dressed can encourage people to find a costume.
- Alternately you could stage your own Academy Awards and give prizes for Best Actor/Actress.
- Have an autograph book for guests to sign.