Mardi Gras runs from mid-February to the first week in March in Sydney – but if you can’t be there for some or any of it, you can still join in the spirit for Mardi Gras and have your own Mardi Gras-themed parties.
Mardi Gras Party Costumes and Decorations
Let’s face it – while you need some decorations for the venue, the main thing you decorate for Mardi Gras is yourself. It’s a chance to be adventurous in every way.
- Costume Box – Thousands of Fancy Dress costumes for adults for all occasions. Most costumes dispatched within 24 hours. All costumes displayed are in stock. See their…
- Party Supplies Online – Sydney-based party products store in operation since 1991. They specialise in themed and coloured tableware, balloons, costumes and more. See their
- Mardi Gras Decorations and Costumes
- Mardi Gras costumes – Masculine
- Mardi Gras Costumes – Feminine
- Face and body paint – paint yourself in any colour of the rainbow and more. Top it off with some coloured or glitter hair spray
- Feather boas and headresses – let it go to your head!
- Coloured themes – the major colours for Mardi Gras are Green, Gold, Purple
- Party Products Australia – Over 6,000 party supplies online, including balloons, tableware, and decorations, with fast, flat rate Australia wide delivery.
- You need lots of music – make sure you have open space for dancing – and karaoke!
- Decorate a platform or stage like a mardi gras float.
- Have a party on parade night and have the real parade on a big screen.
- Prizes for best costumes, eg
- best male costume (by a man, by a woman)
- best female costume (by a woman, by a man)
- best drag costumes
- best group costumes
- Food and drink should be cocktail-style – nobody is going to sit down with a knife and fork.