Whether you are in a couple or happily single, there are plenty of options for a Valentine's Day party. You can have a silly party, a sexy party, a matchmaking party or a dinner party. It can be a party to bring your Valentine… or meet a Valentine!
Or if you don't like Valentine's – have an anti-Valentine's party. Just turn things up a notch or two, send up the romantic ideals, overdress and ham it up acting out romantic scenes and scripts.
Have a look at the costume and decorating ideas below. For Valentine's gifts, including romantic gifts, see BCL Valentine's Day Gift ideas.
Just for two? See some amazing ideas for romantic dates to create lifelong memories, scenes for proposals, or special celebrations around Australia
Valentine's Party Decorations & Catering
Valentine's day is all about red, pink, purple and white – and hearts!
- Costumebox Party Supplies – originally a costume store, Costumebox now has an extensive range of decorations, tableware, party invitations, balloons, cake supplies and more, where you can shop by theme, occasion, colour. Check out their Valentine's Day selection
Valentine's Party Activites
- Hold a trivia with questions about those famous romantic movies – Gone with the Wind, Casablanca and so on. Act them out. Or “who said…” Or “what's the next line…”
- Use one of these movies as your theme and have everyone dress up and act as one of the characters. You might find some of the non-romantic supporting characters the favourite characters.
Valentine's Party Costumes
Valentine's Party Costumes can be sexy or funny. Dress for the occasion in red or pink, or coordinate with your date as a famous couple (see our suggestions below).
- Costume Box (Australian store) – Thousands of fancy dress costumes, wigs, hats, accessories and masks. All costumes displayed are in stock and most are dispatched within 24 hours. Based in Sydney with flat rate delivery Australia wide. Their adults' costumes include womens sexy costumes, mens sexy costumes, movie and TV characters and funny costumes.
- Role play – try matching costumes and dress ups for couples for some couple's costume ideas, from sexy to silly.
- Famous couples:
- Adam and Eve
- Antony and Cleopatra
- Barbie and Ken
- Beauty and the Beast
- Bonnie and Clyde
- Brad and Angelina (or Jen!)
- Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
- John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- Marie and Pierre Curie
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse
- Romeo and Juliet
- Sandy and Danny – see our Grease party theme for costumes
- Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler (Gone With the Wind)
- Sonny and Cher
- Tarzan and Jane
- Victoria (Posh Spice) and David Beckham
- Or dress as each other!