Toga parties are a popular ritual among uni students, usually during Orientation “O” Week celebrations. Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans wore togas during ancient times, so for more party and costume ideas visit our Egyptian and Roman Empire party pages.
Toga Party Costumes
You can make your own toga costume with a bedsheet and a pair of sandals or glam it up with some of these more exotic toga costumes.
Complete your toga with accessories such as sandals, leaves in your hair, gold bangles, dark eye makeup, a sword, and gold body paint. Remember to wear something under your toga!
- Costumes.com.au is based in Melbourne and delivers costumes and accessories (including shoes, hats, wigs, party supplies and more) with flat rate delivery Australia-wide. Options for same day to Melbourne metro, order online and pick up from their warehouse in Kilsyth, Victoria. You'll find lots of togas in their Roman and Grecian costumes.
- Costume Box are a Sydney-based online store with delivery to Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Flat fee delivery within Australia. You'll find togas in their Roman costumes.
Toga Party Decorations
Use a colour theme of red, white, and gold. Decorate with vine leaves and candles to complete the ancient look.
- Party Products Australia stock over 6000 items. They are based in Brisbane, Queensland. See their party products in gold, white and red
Toga Party Ideas
Toga parties are known for their wild games. Award prizes to the winners.
- Bob for apples or grapes. Fill a large bowl with water or punch and have guests bob for fruit. Whoever gets the most fruit in a specific time wins!
- How low can you go? Play a game of limbo, all you need is a stick and someone to hold it.
- Have a competition for the best male and female togas.