From Jailhouse Rock to the Las Vegas years, Elvis Presley’s many iconic looks between the 1950s and 1970s provide plenty of inspiration to help celebrate The King’s legacy. Don’t forget that as well as the music, you have all the movies to base your party on.
How many Elvises can you have at one party? Lots – just look at how Parkes in NSW is taken over by their Elvis festival every January. As well as the various stages of Elvis, don’t forget Priscilla with a glorious black wig and 50s gear.
- Costumes.com.au is based in Melbourne and delivers costumes and accessories (including shoes, hats, wigs, party supplies and more) with flat rate delivery Australia-wide.
Elvis Party Music & Entertainment
- Why not get yourself an Elvis impersonator?
- Elvis music is an essential
- Get some of the old Elvis movies on DVD and play in the background
- Play Elvis trivia
- Have prizes for best Elvis costume and impersonation
Elvis Party Ideas
- Hold a Best Elvis Costume / Dancing competition.
- Elvis Karaoke.
- For a rock ‘n’ roll Elvis theme, decorate with rock motifs such as jukeboxes, vinyl records, and music notes. Use related 1950s motifs such as milkshakes and diner decor. For more ideas, see our 50s theme
- For a Las Vegas Elvis theme, decorate with silver, glitter, flashing lights or mirror balls and a dancefloor. For more ideas, see our 70s theme