Grease is the word! Released in 1978 and set in 1958, the teen flick has become a favourite and a classic. There is so much about Grease that makes it a fun movie to watch and a great theme to party to; the fashion, the hair, the decade, the music and the corny lines. Browse the shops below for some party ideas.
Clothing and Costumes
- Dress as one of the cool T-Birds.
- Or choose from Rizzo, the leader of the Pink Ladies, flirty Marty, beauty school dropout Frenchie or dorky Jan. During the movie Sandy undergoes a major makeover so you can choose which one you want to be – or even change half way through the party.
- Choose from the goody two shoes version, the cheerleader or everyone's favourite, Sandy in the skintight black pants and blonde curls.
- Danny also wears several outfits, his iconic black leather jacket, tight black jeans, sunglasses and comb, his running outfit or his preppy sweater.
- There's also Coach Calhoun, ChaCha, Leo – the leader of the Scorpions and nerdy Eugene.
- Costumes.com.au is based in Melbourne and delivers costumes and accessories (including shoes, hats, wigs, party supplies and more) with flat rate delivery Australia-wide. See their Grease costumes.
- Costume Box – Hundreds of quality costumes to choose from. Based in Sydney with Australia-wide delivery. Costume Box stock some authentic Grease costumes, accessories and wigs. They also have some fifties poodle skirts and cheerleader outfits. See their Grease and 1950s costumes.
Grease was set in 1958 so check out our 50s page for ideas. Use scene setters to create a fifties milk bar or sock hop.
- Watch the movie and sing-a-long to your favourite songs including, You’re the One that I Want, Hopelessly Devoted to You, Summer Nights and We Go Together.
- Have a carnival like the one at the end of the film. Play carnival games like bobbing for apples. For more ideas see Carnival and Circus theme.
- Attempt some 50s dances and watch the dance-off scene for inspiration.
- Fifties food includes soda, milkshakes, fries and hot-dogs.
- For more ideas, costumes, music and more see our 1950s party ideas page