Have a pink party for someone who loves pink, or for events like breast cancer fundraisers. Pink Ribbon is the Cancer Council’s fundraiser for breast cancer research – have a pink party to raise funds for breast cancer.
Pink costumes include fairies, princesses, flamingos, the Pink Panther, butterflies, bunnies, the pink Power Ranger, and pink poodles.
Pink food ideas
- Drink strawberry milk, pink lemonade, or pink champagne.
- Add a bit of beetroot to hummus dip to turn it pink.
- Make a potato salad with pink-skinned potato varieties like desiree or pontiac.
- Eat pink marshmallows, pink fairyfloss, or turkish delight.
- Scones with strawberry jam and whipped cream with a drop of pink food colouring.
- For pink fruit salad, chop up a selection of pink fruit and mix in a bowl with a bit of fruit juice to prevent browning. Pink fruits include watermelon, strawberries, pink grapefruit
- Have pink jelly or strawberry icecream – serve with a pink wafer!
- Pink lamingtons and pink coconut ice.
- Garnish dishes with pink edible flowers.
- Pink birthday cake – try our butter cake recipe but add a bit of pink food colouring to the cake batter and cover with pink icing — delicious and pink. Decorate the cake with small pink marshmallows, pink dragees, or pink dyed desiccated coconut – do this while the icing is still moist so it sticks.