Alphabet Parties – Letter ‘D’
Delightful, delicious and de-lovely – party themes and party food beginning with D.
Alphabet parties are all the rage these days. People have parties based on the first letter of their name (e.g. Alice will have an ‘A’ theme party and Orville, an ‘O’ theme party). If your name’s Xavier, and you have more than four friends, use your surname.
- Daffy Duck – or just any Duck
- Dame Edna – Aussie Icons Party
- Danny Zuko (John Travolta) – Grease Party
- Danger Mouse
- Dart Board
- Darth Vader – Star Wars Party
- David Attenborough
- David Bowie
- “Dave” – there are so many Daves. “Too many Daves” (see this youtube animation or this or a rap version for inspiration – let your guests decide which one they want to be.
- Devil – Spooky Party
- Da Vinci
- Doctor Who
- Dorothy Gale – Wizard of Oz Party
- Dracula – Vampire Party
- Dusty Springfield
Dress-ups – Jobs starting with ‘D’
Dressing up as an occupation gives you plenty of scope for creativity and indulging in a little humour. Think about how characters with these occupations have been characterised in films and television. Use accessories and catchphrases to exaggerate their qualities and give plenty of clues. See costumes starting with D from Costumes.com.au or costumes starting with D from Heaven Costumes or think about some occupations beginning with D like…
- Detective – Whodunit or Cops & Robbers Party
- Dockworker / Wharfie
- Doctor – Doctors, Nurses and Patients Party
Party Food & Drink starting with ‘D’
- Danish pastries
- Desserts – that’s right, skip the savoury food and have an indulgent dessert party.
- Dips of any kind – you could cater for the entire party with a selection of dips and crackers, breads, carrot and celery sticks.
- Drumsticks – finger food but you must have plenty of finger bowls or wipes.
Make your own decorations with A4 sized templates from 0to5.com.au- letter D